Thursday, June 20, 2013

Summer Time Rolls

Adopted a year after I was born by an elementary school teacher and a black smith. They had my brother 5 years later and a family bloomed. Mom was very religious dragging my brother and I to different churches when possible looking for her perfect fit. My dad was a great man forced into being a closet drinker by those holier than thou types around him. He had a problem for a while. This doesn't make me love them any less or appreciate all they have done for me. To me it's always been about taking the good with the bad. You cannot heal unless you understand how the pendulum swing works in tandem with variable matter moving at a slow vibration. 
I met god but he never had anything to say to me. I chose agnosticism and embrace open-minded thoughts about this world. These days I find myself drinking too much and pondering the fleeting epiphanies of my days here on this ball of clay. 
I've never ever felt like I fit in anywhere. As mom likes to say "you're just being different." It was never on purpose, it just happened. I'm proud of what I do even though I am still a starving artist/musician. Personally I think I'm doing the best work I've ever done. My home town still looks down it's nose on me as the art committee scoffs again. Nudged out of participating in First Friday's Art and Music festivities month after month. Ignored by my peers in the music community for not joining in and jumping on the coattails of those that have gone before me. I do not apologize for going against the grain. Take it or leave it, I am who I am and I do what I do. 
The progress of STEGO's "Void Clear Light" album has been impressive. To cut it in Muscle Shoals is truly an honor and I cannot wait to press it and share it with the world. 
Being adopted may have led me to believe in abandonment but I was graciously chosen by 2 amazing people. I've put great thought into finding my birth mother. She may still live in Birmingham, Alabama. I feel time is slipping away as I reach my late thirties and I wonder if I should have chosen a different path years ago. 
We cannot rewind to go back and change things but we can heal and move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment