Thursday, February 14, 2013

All these Great Answers for all these Great Questions

I remember when I was young being on road trips. You'd look out the window and see a distance light across the horizon with a yearning in my gut to know just what it is. Today I think that feeling still lurks in many ways and shapes the creative process. Much has changed since our youth and like a tree we have our scars weathered and worn. Thinking about the ones we've lost a long the way and how our hearts carve themselves into new shapes. Worked over by what we've gone through yet we learn and become wise. The child like innocence is something that diminishes but only if we allow it. I am not a very religious person but I believe that music and art have saved my soul. I still get that feeling of joy when that beautiful moment happens when you stumble upon that idea. Seeing it as a real living breathing form on canvas or disc and being able to see, hear and feel the growth. This journey is not anywhere near an end it really begins again each day and I am humbled by the enormity of it. What would I be if the path had gone another way? I fear that answer and search not for the weight of knowing. As I edge up the ladder to being 40 years old, I see things with such clarity and calm. The simple beauty in a moment has lent it's importance. When I started this blog I didn't intend it to have so much personal reflection but in a way I am glad it does. Be well and remember that life is short so do all you can with the this time. Take the pieces and build them skywards.

No comments:

Post a Comment