Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Up Hill Battles

Things have been really getting out of hand recently. I learned that you cannot depend on others good graces in the music scene. I've been playing music since I was a teenager and dad was driving us around to those good paying gigs back then. Today it seems like you hardly break even when you're an independent musician trying to feed the habit and yourself. The recent inactivity of my projects have led me to embark on a solo endeavor. It's been brewing for quite some time and the songs are very heartfelt and personal. I penned a song for my dear father who passed in 2008 titled "The Debt." The lyrics say what I couldn't say before he was taken away and when I wrote it I could not play it all the way through without shedding a tear. I write sad songs. My mother always said I was a gloomy individual if I wrote all these sad songs and perhaps I am. Whatever speaks to me is what I write about and sometimes I work out what it's all about after I have half the lyrics written. I'm inspired and ready to finish this album but I am thinking about working with Kickstarter or Indiegogo to raise funds and awareness for the costs of publishing, pressing and promotion.

A makeshift video I created using a jar of water and some food coloring for the song "What's For Sale?" It's my brother's favorite song currently.

No comments:

Post a Comment